The #MozMarchMeet was organized on March 4th ,2016 at KFC,Arcot Road, Chennai. The timings were 4:00 pm to 6:10 pm.
A brief overview of the meetup that was discussed.
When creating a password, make sure it is long and strong, with a minimum of eight characters and a mix of upper and lowercase letters, numbers and symbols.
You should also remember to:
- Not to share your password with others.
- Make your password unique to your life and not something that is easily guessed.
- Have a different password for each online account.
- Write down your password and store it in a safe place away from your computer.
- Change your password several times a year.
Other Ways to Secure an Account:
Typing a username and password into a website isn’t the only way to identify yourself on the web services you use.
- Multi-factor authentication uses more than one form of authentication to verify an identity. Some examples are voice ID, facial recognition, iris recognition and finger scanning.
- Two-factor authentication uses a username and password and another form of identification, often times a security code.
2. An Intro to Batch ProgrammingProgramming
A batch file is a kind of script file in DOS, OS/2 and Windows. It consists of a series of commands to be executed by the command line interpreter, stored in a plain text file. A batch file may contain any command the interpreter accepts interactively and use constructs that enable conditional branching and looping within the batch file, such as “if“, “for“, “goto” and labels. The term “batch” is from batch processing, meaning “non-interactive execution”, though a batch file may not process a batch of multiple data.
The filename extension .bat is used in DOS and Windows. Windows NT and OS/2 also added .cmd. Batch files for other environments may have different extensions, e.g. .btm in 4DOS, 4OS2 and 4NT related shells.
3.Internet of Things
”Everything is connected around us. This revolution has already started and it will be bigger than previous technology revolutions, including the mobile smartphone revolution. Internet of Things, as many call it today, will fundamentally affect all of us.”
Things, in the IoT sense, can refer to a wide variety of devices such as heart monitoring implants, biochip transponders on farm animals, electric clams in coastal waters,automobiles with built-in sensors, DNA analysis devices for environmental/food/pathogen monitoring or field operation devices that assist firefighters in search and rescue operations.
1. Anushka Khandelwal
2. Arindam Roy
3. Jenny Savani
#teachtheweb #Encryption #BatchP #mozchipset